Looking to take the next step with your business and need to incorporate? Edward & Manning is able to assist getting you started.
What is involved: There are a number of decisions that need to be made when incorporating. Edward & Manning takes the time to go through all of these with you to ensure you are making the right decisions at the beginning.
Some of the benefits to incorporating include:
- Legal protection of personal assets – a shareholder’s liability is limited to the amount invested in the company, and only the corporate assets are at risk
- Favourable tax rates – the corporate tax rates are lower than personal rates which allows for a deferral of income taxes if the funds are left in the corporation
- Tax planning – by issuing shares to other family members, the income can be spread over more individuals reducing the tax burden
- Ability to raise capital – issuing shares to investors or obtaining a bank loan are much easier done with a corporation
- More credibility – having an Inc. or Ltd. can increase the credibility of your business as corporations are viewed as being more stable and permanent than a sole proprietorship
Edward & Manning reviews with you the long-term vision for the corporation to determine which jurisdiction you should incorporate in (federally or provincially) and the optimal share structure. We will provide the supporting documentation you will need to get started on the right track.